Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lesson 3 Review Question 6

    The attitude of the solders was different from Henry because they were worried about the size of their army. "There’s five to one. Besides, they all are fresh." King Henry however, thought that they were an acceptable match for the French and if they were to die then they would die in honor;  "What’s he that wishes so? If we are marked to die, we are enough to do our country loss."

   The power of ceremony is demonstrated in Henry's St. Crispin's day speech. The King rouses the hearts of his men by calling them his " band of brothers." Ceremony is giving more emotion than just simply  talking to them. I don't really think that they would have listened to him or taken him so seriously if he would have just given them a pep talk.


I think the main difference between commoners and the King is the the peasant can look over the land and enjoy the peace of it without "worrying his dull head", the King has to go to sleep at night thinking about the toils of the world.




  

2 comments:

  1. Good job Elsie, I had a different idea about the difference between a commoner and a king. I thought it was that a king gives orders and the commoners follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! Really liked what you put Henry and his army in the first paragraph.

    ReplyDelete